Tuesday, September 11, 2007

There is a DS game I have played lately that is worth mentioning...although I have little time. Yes, in 4 months I've only found a few minutes. Anyway.
The game I speak of is Rune Factory. It is essentially, Harvest Moon with swords. For those of you who know and love Harvest Moon, did you ever, on some days in that game find yourself with nothing to do by about Noon? Now there are caves filled with monsters....and plenty of weapons. You can craft armor and weapons, brew your own potions, and of course fish, cook, farm, tend to your captive monsters, mine, chop wood and of course, zoom the chickies. There are some balance issues, namely, I'm not even one year in to the game and I have more money than I will ever need. Still, a great game for those of you who love Harvest Moon, and is great for those who have been curious about the series, but were hesitant to throw in with that genre.

Tommorow, the DS game based on the Full Metal Alchemist Trading Card Game is coming out after being delayed several times. I hope it does actually come out. It should be pretty good I think. Now if they'd just do the same with the Lord of the Rings TCG...

In the realm of audiobooks I've recently listened to Germs, and now know more than I ever wanted to about biological and chemical warefare. I then listened to 11th month 11th day 11th hour- a harrowing account of the last few hours of world war 1, during which thousands died, up to the last minutes of the war despite the commanding officers being full aware of when the war was scheduled to end. Major downers both... but for some reason I have had this intollerable itch to play Civilization lately...hmmm...

In Wii news, I realized tht in the past 2 weeks I have only played my VC games... gotta love Kid Icarus...

Anyway, It's late and I need to get up early. I WANT to discuss global politics and the ignorance of others, but no time. Well, maybe a little. I have noticed that I rarely take a stance on any particular issue, but I love to tear apart the stances that others are so arrogant as to float out there as fact. As far a global politics are concerned, well, thats for another time. But as I said before, I have had this intollerable itch to play Civilization lately...

3 Comments:

Blogger killajulz said...

Yay for the good review on Rune Factory. I wanted to get it, but wanted to make sure it was worth the money! Thanks for the rec, Steve!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE!
I need to check this more often...

did you ever play Civilization? I wanted to just last week but then remembered my snes is in the closet buried in some storage bin and my laziness overtook me.

So instead, I just replayed one of my all time greats in my head (starting with Japan on the world map and dominating Asia by 2000BC before expanding to Africa, Europe, then the Americas - Lincoln had no chance against my tanks and bombers with his musketeers)

Then I started trying to remember if that game ever happened.

Then I remembered we have Tagalongs vanilla ice cream and got distracted...

eh, details

-dude

4:26 PM  
Blogger killajulz said...

steve - update your blog!!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home