Sunday, October 09, 2005

Random Encounter

Julie and I took a 24 hour jaunt down to Talahassee FL friday afternoon. Julie had to participate in some training and I decided to come along. After spending the night in a rather seedy motel, Julie went to her training and I set out to see the sights. I went to the library and played some Warcraft on my laptop, then had lunch at an awesome sushi bar called Jasmines Cafe. I then walked down to the Florida History Museum and saw some rather interesting things such as an animatronic giant armidillo, a mastadon skeleton and a number of shipwreck artifacts.

We drove home that night and while relaxing an enormous creature jumped out from behind the sofa towards Julie. I recognized it as a giant grasshopper that had made its way in as we were leaving the day before. I moved some furniture aside and attacked with a low level ice spell (compressed air can, help up-side-down)... this only angered the creature. It attacked...I defended as best I could, but was caught off guard as I had just used a specialized attack. I regrouped, equiped my axe and began swinging madly. I must have connected at least 8 times, but it was merely stunned. At that point I took advantage of it being stunned and recast the ice spell at a closer range, right at it's head. This slowed it down significantly and gave me time to draw my short sword and deliver the killing blow. Once it's head was several inches away from the rest of it, I allowed myself to rest. Minimal experience points...what are you gonna do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home